Digital Media Technician - University Libraries
This position is responsible for delivering audio visual technology support for University events, conferencing events, and special events, along with support for video conferencing services. The applicant will provide effective classroom support to faculty and students within university smart classrooms.
This is a non-benefited position, not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Offer professional customer services.
- Set up, test, and operate A/V equipment.
- Maintain audio/visual equipment.
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operations of A/V equipment, including LCD projectors, document cameras, DVD/Blu-Ray players, Flat Screen Monitors, mixers, microphones, laptops, and computers.
- Mixing, regulating, coordinating of sound inputs.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and judgment, both in person and on the telephone.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with, and working knowledge of audio visual, video, and computer equipment. Preferably in a college or university environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with classroom technology.
- Experience navigating OS and Windows based operating systems.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology.
- Live sound engineering experience.
- Crestron certification.
- CTS certification.
- Stage hand experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, May 26, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please direct inquiries to Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter