Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences
Status: Full Time Administrative
West Shore Community College seeks a dynamic, seasoned individual for Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences. The Associate Dean will be responsible for leadership, planning, direction, coordination, development, and evaluation of the nursing and allied health departments, including programming in ADN, LPN, nurse assistant, and partnership programs in radiologic technology and respiratory care. The Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences will assist WSCC in implementing a new Medical Assistant program of study in the Fall of 2017 and advise and lead the preparation and application for national accreditation.
WSCC is an innovative and progressive institution of higher learning. It is located in a picturesque setting near Lake Michigan in a part of the state that offers year-round recreational activities. The College serves a multi-county district that includes Mason, Manistee, Lake and Oceana Counties. Additional information about the College is available at www.westshore.edu.
- Evaluate, recommend, and lead any changes to the College’s Nursing Program taking into account institutional vision and mission, standards of accrediting bodies (including NLN, Michigan Board of Nursing, and HLC), and the needs and expectations of stakeholder employers in the College’s service area.
- Lead planning and implementation of all programs within the nursing and allied health programs. Review policies & procedures, curriculum, faculty development, record keeping and other matters pertinent to a program of excellence and to accreditation. Recommend program dimensions to meet the area’s anticipated labor force needs
- Ongoing Operations
- Oversee budget implementation
- Oversee teaching schedule for faculty, encouraging the use of multiple modes of delivery including face-to-face, hybrid, and online
- Develop instructional class and clinical site rotation schedules, determine staffing priorities, and recommend adjunct faculty for hiring.
- Supervise and evaluate faculty
- Chair nursing faculty meetings and continue to nurture a culture of collaboration
- Maintain continuous Michigan State Board of Nursing approval status, as well as any other accreditation required
- Oversee clinical sites and facilitate scheduling of students within the clinical
- Act as the liaison between the College’s program and the community
- Maintain appropriate records for Local, State & National reporting
- Provide leadership for student related concerns, appeals, and problems
- Masters of Nursing
- Managerial leadership, vision, and creativity
- Medical/surgical clinical experience
- Minimum three years college teaching experience
- Experience in curricular design, curricular change, assessment and instructional technology
- Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy
- Ability to operate computers and to use software applications
- Commitment to the community college mission and values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action, while retaining ability to be flexible to changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction or as a team member and to work confidentially and with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Leadership experience in higher education
- Knowledge of accreditation process
- Familiarity with nursing education in smaller/rural communities
- Experience in other health care settings (outpatient centers, hospice, community health, home health care, etc.)
- Medical Assistant credential or ability to successfully acquire credential within 45 days of hire
Application Materials and Timeline:
For best consideration submit the following materials by June 7, 2017, to our online portal at https://my.westshore.edu/ICS/Employment/. Initial screening will begin June 9 and continue until the position is filled:
- West Shore Community College application
- Letter of application specifically addressing the areas of responsibility and qualifications (above)
- Unofficial transcripts (unofficial accepted but originals required upon hire)
West Shore Community College is a drug-free employer and the final offer will be contingent on drug testing.
West Shore Community College is an equal opportunity employer.