The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an experienced University Registrar. The University enrolls more than 3,300 students with its main campus located in Houston, Texas. The University Registrar will provide leadership to plan, organize, and manage all activities associated with student registration and records. They will serve as the official authorized custodian of the university’s student records. The University Registrar will be charged with bringing technology based efficiencies to the institutional record-keeping at all levels and taking responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of degree granting. The University Registrar reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership implementing appropriate processes and technology to enhance registration and record-keeping services to students and faculty.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, federal regulations, and university policies.
- Supervise and develop a service-oriented, well-trained, professional staff.
- Manage and direct all planning, budgeting, and personnel management for the University Registrar’s Office.
- Develop, implement, and interpret academic policies and procedures for faculty, staff, students, alumni, and administration.
- Maintain the integrity and security of all undergraduate and graduate student academic records.
- Oversee the registration and maintenance of student records for the Graduate School of Theology at St. Mary’s Seminary.
- Oversee the certification for Veterans.
- Serve as the functional lead for PeopleSoft Student Records, Ad Astra Scheduling software, National Student Clearinghouse reporting and other related systems and reporting.
- Coordinate commencement activities.
- Serve as the University’s FERPA compliance officer.
- Prepare reports as required or requested by the President’s office, Provost, or other senior members of the Administration.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive administrative experience in a higher education setting.
- A minimum of 3 years experience at the Assistant Registrar or higher level.
- Experience with technology to support the student records database system and other software packages with specific experience working with PeopleSoft Student Administration, Ad Astra Scheduling, ImageNow imaging system, and SPEEDE electronic transcripts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the area of federal, state, and institutional regulations relating to the Registrar’s functions.
- Demonstrated effective listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with others.
- Must have experience working effectively in teams.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and verbal and effective presentation skills.
- Must have demonstrated an intermediate level or above in Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects that may involve other departments.
- Must be a deadline and results oriented individual.
- Requires demonstrated ability to operate with limited supervision and effectively manage their time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
This is a full time benefit eligible position, to apply please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Human Resources – Ref: 1717
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer