Restaurant General Manager
Ray's and Stark Bar has been hailed by Esquire as "One of the best new restaurants of 2011" and by the Los Angeles Times as feast for the senses." The Mediterranean-inspired menu includes dishes from the restaurant's wood-burning oven and grill, with an emphasis on farm-to-table and seasonal fare. To drink: seasonal cocktails, a California-centric wine list, and artisan beers and spirits.
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking a top-notch, GM Extraordinaire for Ray's and Stark Bar, located in the Los Angeles County Museum of Arts.
You have a proven track record of leading a team in a guest-centric, operational environment. You have experience with high volume restaurants. You are always willing to roll up your sleeves and help wherever is needed; thus, leading by example. You are polished and approachable, representing the brand in the best possible light. You have exceptional work ethic and are able to communicate at any level. You are a natural leader, dedicated to your job and most importantly, passionate about food!
The General Manager will oversee the overall restaurant operations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human capital. The General Manager will also be responsible for personnel management, making purchasing decisions, and leading and developing a team of successful restaurant managers. The General Manager will be accountable for the financial performance of the unit.
1. Ensures all guests consistently receive courteous and efficient service from all team members.
2. Responds positively and quickly to customer concerns and complaints
3. Corrects potential problems before they affect customers.
4. Promotes outstanding customer service.
1. Determines staffing requirements and increases management's effectiveness by adequately training, recruiting, selecting, ensuring new Team Members are properly oriented and trained; coaching and counseling managers
2. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigns duties and promotes within when possible
3. Planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results; developing incentives for staff to promote positive work environment;
4. Continuously improving the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; creating a solid work culture that results in stable retention and reduction of labor turnover;
5. Works closely with Executive Chef to ensure all FOH and Kitchen needs are supported
6. Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
Policies and Legal and Safety Obligations
1. Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
2. Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
3. Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
4. Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
1. Reviews financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
2. Prepares and manages unit's forecasts and budgets to control costs and maximize EBITDA.
3. Achieves exemplary Mystery Shop and health inspection results.
4. Satisfies sales and finance division requirements through adherence of budgets, policies, procedures, and quality of our product and service standards.
Communication with Other Departments
1. Plans and directs marketing initiatives coordinating with other department heads as required.
2. Review marketing plans and activities with team members on a regular basis to promote information sharing and ensure proper execution of in-store promotions.
Please Note: You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in this job description at your management's/supervisor's discretion.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Experience in a high volume, full service restaurant.
• Two- (2) year associate's degree or a bachelor's degree from a four- (4) year college desirable.
• Degree in Hospitality Management/ Culinary Degree preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years experience as a General Manager in a full-service, upscale restaurant
• Knowledge of fine dining and knowledge of wines.
• Impeccable service standards, clean work habits and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Professional, polished appearance
• Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employee behavior.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
• Strong financial acumen with strong experience with P&Ls
• Computer knowledge including Word, Excel and Micros.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
• Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week; able to work flexible hours necessary to manage and operate the restaurant effectively.
• flexible schedule
The Patina Restaurant Group requires that all General Managers be Certified License Holders with the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control.
• Competitive compensation package
• Major medical insurance options
• Dental, Vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation
• 401K program
• Company Dining program
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of the work location.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write, create financial reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
We're looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests' expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group
Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service we deliver. With approximately 70 locations in New York and Los Angeles, PRG offers a fast paced and dynamic environment in which to shine. More than just an equal opportunity employer, PRG enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criterion for considering new team members.
Los Angeles, CA
Thu, 18 May 2017 16:30:36 PDT