Promotions Assistant aids in the implementation of promotions including but not limited to announcing on over-head sound system, hosting drawings and giveaways, concerts and off-site marketing events. The Promotions Assistant will be responsible for coordinating all aspects as pertaining to designated events. Has the ability to perform duties independently with little or no supervision, operating from established practices and procedures and according to gaming regulations. Ability to make decisions, decisions must be made within general company policy constraints but often require independent decision-making. Promotions assistant will have access to Marketing and Players Club as needed to perform job duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages promotional drawings and events including:
- Adheres to established Drawing Guidelines and Rules.
- Acts in a professional and courteous manner at all times according.
- Ensures that all paperwork is completed and routed to proper departments within casino.
- Handles any guests and team members questions with professionalism
- Coordinates with Marketing Department for necessary materials
- Assists in executing marketing strategies and objectives through event hosting
- Maintains confidentiality regarding customer information
- Assures customer needs are met during events and promotions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensures all props, materials and equipment are prepared prior to start of event or promotion
- Acts as Swinomish Casino & Lodge Representative
- Maintains professional appearance
- Uses sound judgment when interacting with guests
- Adheres to guidelines set forth in Training including but not limited to:
- Microphone etiquette
- Customer Service - Internal and External Customers
- Promotion Information and Guidelines
- Drawing Code of Ethics
- Internal Controls
- Post-event report via email to Marketing Department at end of each shift including outline of winners, environment, guest comments, etc.
- Completes all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Assists with Marketing Staff as needed:
- Updating collateral on the casino floor
- Stocking promotional materials on the Casino and Lodge floor.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Organize and prepare pre-event information for upcoming events including:
- Paperwork including cash disbursements, promotional information forms, winner logs, etc.
- Promotional Updates
- Customer Rules
- Internal Rules
- Communication with team members and other departments regarding upcoming events as necessary
- Excellent customer service skills are essential and include:
- Ability to lead, motivate and encourage.
- Must be able to work cohesively with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers and other department staff
- Attends training and meetings at the request of the Marketing Department
- Required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Coordinates with Marketing Department to ensure staffing levels are appropriate for upcoming events and promotions
- Adheres to all rules and regulations of casino and promotions
- Maintains high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion in all areas of player contact
- Is accountable for paperwork and protection of sensitive information
- Must have ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment regarding guest needs, player tracking and marketing functions
- Related job duties as assigned
This position requires prior experience with computers, office software and excellent verbal and written skills. Qualified applicant must have strong organizational skills, proven ability to handle stressful situations and the ability to interact with the public and vendors. Position requires a self-motivated, personable individual. Prior casino hosting experience preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least one year of hospitality industry experience including guest interaction.
Applicant must have ability to read and interpret documents, write correspondence and reports regarding daily activities. Individual must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or other outside groups in a public setting.
This position requires the ability to compute basic math quickly.
Candidate must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand and walk. The team member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The environment includes working in smoking, fast-paced, and loud setting.
The Swinomish, a community of Coast Salish peoples, are descendants of groups & bands originating in the Skagit and Samish River valleys, the surrounding coastal areas and islands- including Fidalgo, Camano, Whidbey and the San Juan Islands.
Located on the pristine Washington coast, the Swinomish Casino & Lodge is owned and operated by our tribal community. We started as a small bingo operation in 1985. In 1990, we began negotiations for a gaming license and a Compact was signed with the State of Washington in December of 1992. We chose to build the casino next to its acclaimed Bingo Hall. The construction was completed and the Casino opened its doors to the public on July 15, 1994.
Over the years, the company has grown but its philosophy and commitment have always remained the same: to be the friendliest casino in the area with outstanding customer service and to provide guests a luxuriant, state-of-the-art experience while maintaining and upholding the cultural identity of the Swinomish Tribe. Today, we are proud to be one of the leading employers in the Anacortes area.
Swinomish Casino & Lodge is a full-service entertainment destination including a 98 room luxury lodge, 9,000ft2 multipurpose Wa Walton Event Center, and casino featuring Las Vegas style gaming. We have 800 of the latest slot titles, table games including Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, and Keno.
Swinomish Casino and Lodge offers great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Quarterly Incentives.
Mon, 1 May 2017 11:25:13 PDT