Program and Constituent Relations Outreach Coordinator
Posting Number NC754P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20524
Working Title Program and Constituent Relations Outreach Coordinator
Position Number 16269
Department Walton College of Business
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://walton.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
This position will serve two primary roles for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion: Undergraduate Recruiter and Program Support. In the Recruiter role, there will be in and out of state travel for recruitment events; responding to students', parents', and school counselors' inquiries via phone, mail, email, social media, or face to face; and other related duties as assigned.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion also facilitates other programs for graduating, or soon to graduate, high school seniors. This position will help with marketing the programs; recruitment of summer staff; recruitment of student participants; general program support; documentation of events/programs for use in web, social media, marketing, etc.; and other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- At least two years of experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience in college, corporate, or related recruiting
- Ability to travel on behalf of the college
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? Yes
If yes, please specify Valid Driver's License
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience as a college recruiter or within a college recruiting office
- Experience in developing summer programs
- Experience in website development and the use of an electronic bulletin board
- Experience in the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets for the promotion of a business or non-profit organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledgeable about Walton College rankings, majors, resources and activities that showcase business students
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Proficient skills with photography
- Possess the ability to be creative in developing recruiting opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work nights and weekends; particularly during the summer
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs with some evenings/weekends for special events or recruitment events)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Walton College of Business
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary Commensurate with education and experience
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and MVR check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 05/26/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Human Resource Manager
Sam M. Walton College of Business, Rm 106
University of Arkansas
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of degree you have from accredited institution of higher education?
- Associate's or Technical Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's or Equivalent Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please identify your years of experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Less than one
- More than one but less than two
- More than two but less than three
- More than three
- * Please identify the years of experience that you have working in higher education.
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two
- At least two years, but less than three
- At least three years, but less than four
- Four years or more
- * Please identify your years of experience in college, corporate, or related recruiting.
- Less than one year
- More than one but less than two years
- More than two but less than three years
- Three or more years
- * Are you willing to travel on behalf of the university and work irregular hours, if needed?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status