Assistant Director of Greek Life (Two Open Positions)
Posting Number NC726P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/19872
Working Title Assistant Director of Greek Life (Two Open Positions)
Position Number 203
Department Greek Life
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 26,700 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://uagreeks.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Assistant Director of Greek Life ensures that the direction of the Greek community is consistent with the mission of the university while contributing to the overall quality of campus life. This position is responsible for the advancement of the UA Greek community including four Greek governing bodies (IFC, NPHC, UGC and PC) and 34 national Greek-lettered organizations.
Job duties include: advising the Panhellenic Council (PC) and its member organizations, communicating and developing a working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders, coordinating community service for the Greek community, developing and implementing educational and social programming for both individuals and chapters, and responding to emergencies as needed. Additional duties included managing student learning efforts including outcomes and assessment and advising other Greek registered student organizations which address various programming needs and efforts such as diversity, risk management, and leadership development.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Master's degree in a related field (i.e. Higher Education, Student Affairs, or Business)
- At least two years experience working in or with Greek organizations
- Direct advising experience in regards to formal recruitment for Panhellenic and IFC organizations, new membership intake, and other Greek programming efforts including, but not limited to, Greek diversity programming, social policy, risk management, leadership, and career development
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least four years of full-time professional experience working at an international headquarters office or as a university Greek Life staff member
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current knowledge of trends, practices and planning/programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues
- Ability to work evenings, including weekends, as needed to fulfill position responsibilities
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes., The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 40 hours/week (schedule may vary based on department needs to include evenings and occasional weekends)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. Yes
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Greek Life/Bud Walton Hall
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary Commensurate with education and/or experience
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 04/19/2017
Close Date 05/31/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date 07/03/2017
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact
Special Instructions Summary
We will be hiring two positions for Assistant Director of Greek Life. One position will work with Panhellenic Council. The second position will work with National Pan-Hellenic Council and United Greek Council.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree in higher education, student affairs, business, or a related field?
- * How many years of experience do you have working in or with Greek organizations?
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two years
- Two years or more
- * Do you have direct advising experience in regards to formal recruitment for IFC & Panhellenic organizations, new membership intake, and other Greek programming efforts including but not limited to Greek diversity programming, social policy, risk management, leadership, and career development?
- * Please indicate how you would like your application to be considered.
- I would like to be considered for the Assistant Director of Greek Life position working with Panhellenic Council.
- I would like to be considered for the Assistant Director of Greek Life position working with National Pan-Hellenic Council and United Greek Council.
- I would like to be considered for both open Assistant Director of Greek Life positions.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status