ERZ Administrative Specialist
Posting Number C812P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20114
Working Title ERZ Administrative Specialist
Position Number 16266
Department Boyer Center For Student Services
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://erz.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The ERZ Administrative Specialist will report directly to the ERZ director.
The ERZ Administrative Specialist provides logistic and administrative support to the programs and mission of the Education Renewal Zone, provides quality guest services, and ensures coordination in external and internal communication initiatives including website updates and email correspondence.
This position requires regular and reliable attendance including the flexibility to work some evenings.
This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience within K-12 Education
- Experience within Higher Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of office phone and email etiquette
- Knowledge of computers and software applications
- Skills in editing/composing announcements to webpage
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to complete tasks within an active office environment
- Ability to manage listserv, email, and social media accounts
- Ability to have attention to details and the accuracy of product
- Ability to conduct internet research
- Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form
- Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain filing systems
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Repetitive motion
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 40 hours/week
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Graduate Education Building
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C109
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/06/2017
Close Date 05/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter/letter of application that will address your experience regarding the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position as well as any experience and knowledge of K-12 and higher education within your cover letter, and a list of three professional references (name, title, email address, and contact number).
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to the work performed?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Proof of Veterans Status