Assistant to the Vice Provost for Distance Education
Posting Number NC750P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20344
Working Title Assistant to the Vice Provost for Distance Education
Position Number 3243
Department Continuing Education
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The School of Continuing Education and Academic Outreach-Global Campus is the collaborative leader that facilitates the efforts of the academic colleges, schools, and units at the University of Arkansas to develop and deliver faculty-driven, high quality, and cutting-edge online, distance, and workforce education programs and courses. The Global Campus' focus is on progressive and innovative learning solutions in addition to expanding access to educational and professional opportunities to all students (traditional, non-traditional, and working professionals).
Department Home Page globalcampus.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
Reporting directly to the Vice Provost for Distance Education, the Assistant to the Vice Provost for Distance Education is responsible for managing the Office of the Vice Provost for Distance Education. Duty areas include Office Management, Management of Administrative Data, Oversight of Fiscal Data, Administrative Support, Coordination of Professional Association Memberships, and Other Duties as Assigned.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least four years of related work experience
- At least one year of supervisory experience
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree
- At least four years of related work experience in an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience with University of Arkansas at Fayetteville policies and procedures, including experience with preparing reports, coordinating travel arrangements, performing BASIS transactions, scheduling administrative meetings, coordinating catering, room reservations, etc., and supervising administrative support staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Demonstrated computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide strict attention to detail
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs to include nights and weekends as needed)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Global Campus - Downtown Fayetteville
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary $47,000 - $52,000
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/11/2017
Close Date 05/25/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or equivalent?
- * How many years of related experience do you have?
- At least 1 year but less than 2 years
- At least 2 years but less than 3 years
- At least 3 years but less than 4 years
- 4 or more years
- * Do you have at least one year of supervisory experience?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have four years of related work experience in an accredited institution of higher education?
- * Do you have experience with University of Arkansas at Fayetteville policies and procedures, including experience with preparing reports, coordinating travel arrangements, performing BASIS transactions, scheduling administrative meetings, coordinating catering, room reservations, etc., and supervising administrative support staff? Please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the experience that you have working with the Microsoft Office Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
- List of five Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Unofficial/Official Transcript(s) cont.
- Proof of Veterans Status