Network Security Analyst
The Security Analyst position is responsible for assessing security threats and risks involving client infrastructure. The security analyst works within a 24x7x365 team to further support the timely delivery of monitoring services and support across multiple customers. This includes troubleshooting and resolution of security issues on behalf of clients. The security analyst works with a team of skilled analysts to address complex and/or chronic client problems.
Monitors client networks for security events and alerts clients to potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape and tracking changes in this area, as well as understanding the direct or indirect impact to the client.
Conducts research on and maps out response to emerging threats, including understanding the level of impact and exposure to our customers, proactively communicating to internal business unit staff and customers on a regular basis updates on emerging threats, and ensuring client has thorough detection capabilities in place for emerging threats.
Perform triage of service requests from internal teams, act as a subject matter expert for advanced technology, architecture and threat-related questions from internal staff.
Example of tools utilized:
Education and Experience Preferred:
BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of related work experience desired.
1-2 years of experience delivering security solutions to an enterprise or with a security services organization.
Prior security analysis experience is desired.
Desirable certifications include, Security+, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or similar.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Proficiency with case management and ticketing systems
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience. knowledge and resolution ability
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor new analysts
- Experience in analyzing security logs generated by Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, Anti-Virus, and/or other security logging sources.
- Experience performing security analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Experience performing analysis utilizing IDS consoles
- Strong understanding of networking and associated protocols
- ArcSight experience is highly desirable
Tier One Technologies is an Equal-Opportunity Employer. Client specifications define position requirements.
Tier One Technologies is a national technical consulting firm with its corporate headquarters located in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania metro area. Our niche is providing services to the Government Sector, including government prime contractors, with focus on Federal Civilian, Defense, Intelligence and Security segments. We offer comprehensive benefits including Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance as well as 401k plan.
Tue, 2 May 2017 12:59:56 PDT