Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Posting Number C810P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20186
Working Title Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Position Number 12305
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the incoming and outgoing supplies and parts. This position will maintain warehouse parts and supply organization including labeling and determination of location.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least six months of experience in inventory control, stock room operations, warehouse operations, shipping and receiving, or a related area
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? Yes
If yes, please specify Valid Driver's License
- At least three years of experience in inventory control, stock room operations, warehouse operations, shipping and receiving, or a related field
- Fork Lift Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of packaging, shipping and receiving procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to read packing slips and confirm deliveries
- Ability to follow instruction orally and in writing
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to monitor supply levels and notify purchasing assistant
- Ability to perform manual labor under varying working conditions using necessary tools and equipment, including pallet jack and forklift
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer and copier
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenters or technicians. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. Yes
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Housing Warehouse
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C105
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
- Drug screening
Does this position require a substance abuse test? Yes
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, MVR check, and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/06/2017
Close Date 05/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Which best describes your experience in inventory control, stock room operations, warehouse operations, shipping and receiving, or a related area?
- Less than 6 months
- At least six months, but less than one year.
- At least one year, but less than two years.
- At least two years, but less than three years.
- Three years or more.
- * Do you have an active Fork Lift Certification?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- License (Trade, Drivers License, CDL, etc.)
- Proof of Veterans Status