Enanta Pharmaceuticals is a research and development-focused biotechnology company that uses its robust chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to create small molecule drugs for viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta's research and development efforts are currently focused on three disease targets: non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Enanta is located in the Boston-area town of Watertown, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. Enanta has ample free parking and is also accessible via public transportation. Shopping and a variety of restaurants are within walking distance.
Enanta is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist who will be responsible for Pharmacokinetic (PK) analysis, and PK/PD modeling and simulation, in support of Enanta drug discovery/development efforts. In this role the candidate will serve as a primary source of scientific expertise for the design, analysis, reporting, and presentation of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling and simulation data. The successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacology and PK/PD modeling. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are essential. Flexibility and adaptability are also necessary.
- Perform pharmacokinetic analysis, interpretation, and reporting of exposure data to support all the Enanta discovery and development programs.
- Implement PK/PD approaches early in non-clinical development including modeling of disease progression in various animal models to support translational research.
- Conduct physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling analysis to support dose selection for toxicology studies and first-in-man studies.
- Perform simulation of drug-drug interactions for quantitative risk assessment.
- Address and resolve scientific issues arising in drug discovery/development programs.
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams (including chemists, toxicologists and clinical managers) to meet project goals and timelines.
- Communicate unambiguous critical and significant project information to project teams, Enanta leadership, and others as required.
- Hands-on experience with PK analysis and PK/PD modeling using Phoenix WinNonlin, Simcyp, and/or NONMEM is a must.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance for PK analysis and GLP compliance is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team setting/matrix-type organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field with a specific focus on pharmacokinetics and PK/PD modeling.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Research Summary (if applicable)
For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 08:03:12 PDT