Our company offers a very competitive salary DOE and commission structure with a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Bonus, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) Plan, PTO, Vehicle and more. To learn more about Jensen, please visit our website: www.jensencorp.com.
For immediate consideration please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Jensen is a premier provider of landscape services in Northern California. Over the past 40 years, Jensen has developed its distinguished reputation among the industry and our customers alike. Established in 1969 by Fred Jensen, the company began with only 3 employees. Today Jensen has over 350 dedicated employees that serve clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, North Bay, Sacramento, Napa Valley, Central Valley and Monterey Bay regions. Proud to be an employee-owned company, Jensen strives to provide unparalleled customer service and expertise in the commercial, residential and public works markets.
Position Summary: Uses plans, specs, worksheets and crews to build the landscape construction jobs in the most efficient and profitable ways possible while continuing to build working relationships with the owners, architects, general contractors, and estimators. Assists others in need of support, help, advice, etc. in order to assure success for all Jensen jobs and employees.
- Study drawings, specs, revisions, budget, worksheets and submittal package
- Do material take-offs
- Meet with estimator/project manager to discuss job, questions and change orders
- Prepare monthly progress payment requests
- Ensure safety meetings, policies and procedures are being followed
- Assist crew in whatever way possible - labor, bring materials or equipment as needed
- Evaluate progress against budget and worksheets
- Maintain adequate crew size for job's needs
- Work with architect, general contractor, owner to resolve changes in our work
- Manage subcontractors - includes schedule, submittals, billings, safety
- Prepare requests for change orders/extra work orders/RFIs
- Solidify relationships with general contractors, owners, and architects in order to assist in retaining future work through negotiation.
Experience and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree horticulture or a related field.
- Minimum of three years' experience in project management and construction job management.
- Construction landscape services experience preferred.
- General plant, irrigation, construction, and drainage knowledge.
- General knowledge of material and labor costs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Confident and professional phone, mail, and electronic prospecting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Valid CDL and clean driving record required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
The above is a general outline of responsibilities of this position, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time, at the Company's sole and absolute discretion with or without prior notice.
Jensen is an equal opportunity employer. Jensen does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
San Jose, CA
Wed, 17 May 2017 10:12:01 PDT