Enanta Pharmaceuticals is a research and development-focused biotechnology company that uses its robust chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to create small molecule drugs for viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta's research and development efforts are currently focused on three disease targets: non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Enanta is located in the Boston-area town of Watertown, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. Enanta has ample free parking and is also accessible via public transportation. Shopping and a variety of restaurants are within walking distance.
Enanta is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Scientist who will be responsible for LC/MS/MS bioanalytical method development/validation, biological sample analysis, and in vitro/ex vivo drug metabolism studies. The successful candidate must have in depth knowledge of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis and GLP compliance, separation science, analytical instrumentation (e.g., API 6500 & 4500 LC/MS/MS, etc.) and their application to bioanalysis. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are essential. Flexibility and adaptability are also necessary.
- Design and oversee GLP-regulated bioanalytical method development, validation, and sample analysis
- Manage a bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly.
- Conduct enzymatic assays and in vitro/ex vivo drug metabolism studies, including liver microsome stability testing in different species, cytochrome P450 inhibition, hepatocyte metabolism, and metabolite identification, etc.
- Address and resolve scientific issues arising in drug discovery/development programs.
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams (including chemists, toxicologists, and clinical managers) to meet project goals and timelines.
- Communicate unambiguous critical and significant project information to various bodies including project teams and Enanta leadership as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ph.D. in Bioanalytical Chemistry or relevant field.
- A minimum of three years of experience with bioanalytical method development and validation.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis and GLP compliance.
- Strong problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to thrive and to lead in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team setting/matrix-type organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Research Summary (if applicable)
For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Thu, 4 May 2017 14:04:11 PDT