Director of Business Development ( U.S. Dept of State DOS Programs)
The Director of Business Development (BD) for U.S. Department of State (DOS) Programs, herein referred to as the "Director" leads the Company's efforts in identifying and capturing DOS programs. This includes, but is not limited to; Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), Bureau of High Threat Programs (HT), Bureau of Counter Terrorism (CT), Bureau of International Law Enforcement and Narcotics (INL), Bureau of International Security and Non-Proliferation (ISN) and the Bureau of African Affairs (AF). The Director is responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships and for developing capture plans with specific milestones for each pursuit opportunity. Each major planning milestone will follow a gating review process to ensure bid/no bid decisions are timely and commensurate with company pursuit thresholds. The Director shall conduct annual planning, reviews, analysis and shall make recommendations to the Executive Vice President of Business Development for both strategic and tactical pursuit efforts. The Director shall report to the Executive Vice President of Business Development and shall implement the overall guidance and direction from the senior leadership team. The Directors performance shall be measured in accordance with annual financial performance goals, revenue growth within assigned markets, diversification objectives, and capture success rates for targeted DOS programs.
• Provides detailed analysis, input and recommendations regarding Department of State opportunities to ensure timely bid/no-bid decisions
• Develops detailed business capture plans with plan of action and milestones (POA&M)
• Develops and maintains relationships with DOS clients to position the company for pursuit opportunities; recommends industry teaming partners to mitigate risk and improve p-win
• Coordinates with company business development team in developing compliant and responsive business proposals; ensures customer needs are clearly articulated in proposal
• Provides support to teaming partners capture and proposal development processes as a technical subject matter expert (SME)
• Participates in proposal color team review processes; provides detailed input and recommendations regarding proposal story boarding and win themes
• Develops compelling proposals by reducing team weaknesses and highlighting competitor risks; builds proposal team to maximize win potential (P-win)
• Implements overall company business development strategy and aligns opportunities in the business pipeline with corporate strategy
• Conducts high level briefings and presentations for both internal and external customers
• Conducts detailed strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis of competitive landscape relative to pursuit opportunities
• Builds a pipeline of potential business opportunities within assigned markets sector(s); captures progress using company provided tools such as salesforce
• Conducts market research and business development intelligence using company tools like GovWin IQ; attends industry tradeshows, conferences, and events to promote company brand
• Recommends business consultants to conduct market research and evaluates new and/or emerging markets in both primary and secondary assigned market sectors
Maintains high level of professional conduct and personal ethics; promotes same culture to subordinate employees and business associates
Essential Skills and Experience:
• At least 15 years of overall business development/capture manager/training operations experience with at least 10 of those years related to Department of State, or similar Department, protective services, counter-/anti-terrorism, security services, training, and/or training facility management
• Demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction; experience building internal and external relationships within both government and contractor organizations
• Demonstrated ability to identify, mitigate, and manage risks to the company
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; ability to lead, follow and serve in a variety of roles regardless of leadership position
• Demonstrated ability to lead conversations to a predetermined outcome; ability to conduct complex business negotiations such as teaming agreements, subcontracts and strategic plans
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; trained on emotional intelligence and human capital principles
• Experience with Program Management and Operations in support of large federal programs
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Power Point, Excel); ability to communicate ideas and concepts to customers using white papers, proposals, etc.
• Bachelors' degree required; Masters' degree preferred
• Top Secret Government Security Clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) capability
Physical Demands and Work Environment
May require frequent domestic, and limited international, travel, including trips to austere environments and/or developing countries
Born of necessity and shaped by need, Guardian Centers operates the most advanced disaster training centers in the world. Replicating hazards in a size and scale never before seen, our facilities provide realistic and integrated capabilities to help improve inter-agency disaster response. Guardian Centers is dedicated to helping all responders - government, public and private - achieve their vital mission.
Guardian Centers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:07:27 PDT