Undergraduate Freshmen Admissions Counselor
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Advise prospective and incoming students on families on all matters related to admission.
- Review complete applications, including accurate data entry in admissions CRM.
- Telecounseling, including outreach phoning to prospective students at different points in the recruitment process, financial aid phone calls, visit/event invitations and other phone calls as needed.
- Schedule and conduct recruitment-related travel throughout New England, including attendance at high school college fairs, high school visits, guidance counselor visits, and other travel as needed.
- Conduct in-person visits with prospective students and families.
- Email follow up with prospective students and families.
- Create, implement and manage communications for recruitment territory, including visit emails
- Manage one office initiative (example: liaison to coaches, oversee student ambassador program, liaison to alumni, coordinate social media, etc.)
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Field of Expertise: College recruitment and admissions, specifically as a tour guide, student ambassador, or student-leader. Extensive travel (10-12 weeks per year), evening and weekend work are required. Candidates must be available and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Required Training/Cert: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours; ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent to office and College in a professional manner and to conduct compelling and persuasive presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as needed, especially under pressure
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service, and student focus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new database systems.
- Able to identify a need and take initiative to address that need.
The Undergraduate Freshman Admissions Counselor is full time, twelve month, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week. This is a benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Extensive travel as well as evening and weekend work is required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.