Head Field Hockey Coach
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Game strategy including practice and game coaching and preparation; on field teaching and player development
- Interact with athletic administration and financial aid office to create and maintain financial aid plan
- Scheduling of independent contests
- Hiring, supervising and evaluating assistants and staff
- Retention activities including academics, social and financial issues
- Game management
- Required degree: Bachelors
- Preferred degree: Masters
- Required Field of Expertise: Substantial knowledge of field hockey and field hockey recruiting
- Required Training/Cert: Pass NCAA compliance test with 90 days of employment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Video editing software
- Recruiting methodology
- Willingness to work significant hours
This is an exempt benefits level position, not limited to 40 hours, and your schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.