Director of Adult Education and Degree Completion Programs
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Develop, implement, and annually evaluate a dynamic recruitment strategy for admission of students to the part-time evening/degree completion program, including executing marketing initiatives, managing prospective student communications, planning and running events to promote and support student recruitment, and promoting articulation and partnerships with local businesses and organizations, in collaboration with Undergraduate Admissions.
- Serve as the academic advisor to students in the program and develop, implement and annually evaluate a retention strategy for these students, including running orientation sessions for new students with the support of appropriate student services areas. Prepare enrollment reports for all part-time evening academic programs, including but not limited to projections of number of students each term and student retention.
- Initiate and oversee the creation of materials used to create awareness of the program and to recruit and communicate with prospective students, including items such as ads, brochures, posters, website, newsletters, social media, etc., in collaboration with the Marketing and Communication Department.
- Plan fall, spring and summer course schedules to support evening programs, in collaboration with the dean of BAS. Work with the dean to recruit and hire adjunct faculty. Supervise faculty content experts and instructional designers in designing hybrid and online courses.
- Analyze recruitment, departmental, and market data in order to provide strategic recruitment, academic program, and operational recommendations and support data requests as required by accrediting bodies and other external organizations.
- Provide program level support to the dean's office regarding the development of the budget; administer allocated fiscal resources responsibly.
- Monitor continued compliance with policies, academic standards, and accreditation requirements for respective programs.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Experience in higher education, ideally someone who has worked closely with Enrollment Management with demonstrated success in the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment strategies or someone who has been in a leadership position in a degree-completion or continuing education program.
- Astute observation of market trends in higher education
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills; both oral and written. Ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
- Strong technical knowledge in the subject areas of management, finance and accounting. Additionally, must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong management skill sets including experience leading and working with cross-functional teams. Should feel comfortable promoting, leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives within functional areas of responsibility.
- Strong project management skills including all facets of project planning, implementation and review. Must be well organized with strong time management skills.
The Director of Adult Education and Degree Completion Programs is a full time, twelve-month, exempt position. Evening hours are required and are flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.