Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Hicksville, NY
Duration: 2 years
Overall Job Scope:
Direct, coordinate, inspect, monitor and document the performance of outside contractors performing construction and maintenance on facilities. Serve as principle on-site interface between contractors and various company operating and engineering departments, customers, municipalities and regulatory agencies. Assure project meets technical specifications and is completed within cost and schedule requirements by enforcing all of the contract's terms and conditions. Oversight of projects but more focus on Electrical projects. Working on project to replace underground cables - writing clearances, approving payments, scheduling, coordinating materials
Responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
• Monitor project progress and contractor performance through field inspections covering quantity and quality of work performed.
• Write procedures which will be submitted for line and equipment clearances on distribution facilities.
• Take and return clearances when required for each assigned project.
• Assist in direction and evaluation of inspections and testing of materials, equipment and systems.
• Maintain accurate records of site conditions, work performed and potential scope changes.
• Determine value of work complete and assist Work Coordinator in review and approval of contractor invoices.
• Identify and initiate corrective action to resolve issues with engineering/design, materials, procurement, construction, interdisciplinary/interdepartmental coordination, worker productivity, safety and quality items. Decisions must be made and implemented within parameters established with minimum delay.
• Participate in constructability reviews with engineering and operating areas to offer cost saving suggestions during the project design phase.
• Review and comment on bid strategy, specifications and drawings. Recommend engineering & design changes.
• Assist with preparation of project cost estimates, detailed construction and payment schedules.
• Assist the Work Coordinator as required in the development and implementation of the regional work plan.
• Coordinate engineering, material and permit requirements as required.
• Monitor and report on any incidents, potential hazards and/or environmental concerns in order to ensure area work complies with SHE policies/regulatory requirements.
• Manage the day to day relationship with customers/business areas in order to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with the company\'s policies and programs.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to promote a positive image for the company.
• Ensure compliance with all Corporate Safety policies and procedures and OSHA rules and regulations.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field and minimum three (3) years direct related experience. Candidates without a degree with significant construction experience (minimum eight (8) years) will be considered. Electrical background perferred.
Key characteristics & accountabilities for the successful individual are as follows:
• Ability to monitor the progress and performance of multiple projects being worked simultaneously.
• Detailed working knowledge of electric substations, electric transmission and distribution systems, civil construction and lead/asbestos abatement experience.
• Knowledge of electric system operations and procedures for submitting for line and equipment clearances on transmission and distribution facilities.
• Knowledge of specification and contract enforcement, applicable technical standards, OSHA and other regulatory statutes.
• Knowledge of trade agreements, procedures, techniques, work methods and standards used in the construction industry.
• Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings and convey interpretations to contractors.
• Ability to investigate and solve construction problems in a timely manner with minimum dependence on others.
• Administrative skills for effective monitoring of contractor progress, cost control and contractual interpretation matters.
• Possess excellent communication skills to deal effectively with all contacts - professional and craft.
• Reports to : Projects & Construction/Project Management Work Coordinator
• Employees: Responsible for the oversight of 2-35 contractor employees.
• Budget: Oversight of contracted capital projects valued at $25,000- $5,000,000
• Claims Negotiations: $1000- $1,000,000
• Number of projects assigned on an concurrent basis: 3-6
• Work assignments cover all of the company\'s service territories from Far Rockaway to Eastern Long Island
• 3 to 5 years experience with a 4 year degree OR 7 to 10 years of experience with no Degree
• Experience in fact finding including knowledge and understanding of where to find and how to present relevant information.
• Experience of using project/contract management systems in order to understand and analyze data. •Experience is often acquired through on the job training.
• Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project)
• Knowledge of business operations, company policies and practices.
• Operating experience working with SAP
- Utility background a bonus
• Valid Driver's License
• Personal Vehicle
** Must be able to legally work in the United States
Tri-Power Consulting Services goal is to help Engineering, IT and Admin TOP TALENT obtain contract jobs with our large Electric Power Utility client as well as other reputable clients. Let us give you the opportunity you are looking for - Apply today!!
Thu, 18 May 2017 03:09:52 PDT