The North America region is currently seeking an individual who has a passion for software development. The ideal candidate will have experience with application development and a proven track record of working on mobile platforms. The individual will work with Product Management and User Experience teams to design, prototype and deliver best-in-class customer service mobile applications. They will also assist in the developing of applications and demos. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, and software process and lifecycle expertise. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and possess the dedication, attitude and commitment to be successful with our company. This role is based in San Diego, CA within our Product & Program Department.
- Design and develop new components of the mobile application platform
- Develop frameworks suitable for inclusion in third party applications
- Provide technical documentation, guidance and support on mobile platform capabilities
- Work with Product Management and User Experience teams to design, prototype and deliver best-in-class customer service mobile applications
- Work with the Engineering management team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices.
- Work together with the Engineering team, Cloud team and other key teams to create and launch unique products in the market
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in an embedded senior software engineering/development role
- Strong knowledge of RTOS concepts (multi-threading, synchronization, device drivers etc.)
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming, systems knowledge or background applicable to driver software development
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience with Windows systems and drivers
- Comfortable developing for Window Phone environments, familiar with ARM architecture
- Deep understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network reliability
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation and code structure
- Team player, with exceptional organizational skills with the ability to collaborate virtually
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ready, willing and able to travel
Alcatel mobile devices are manufactured and marketed by TCL Communication Technology (TCT) with its North American Headquarters based in Irvine, Calif. Currently the No. 4 mobile handset manufacturer in North America, Alcatel branded devices from TCL Communication deliver innovative, feature-rich experiences that make access to today's mobile technology simple; offering a diverse portfolio of value-packed products equipped with the technology people want most.
San Diego, CA
Thu, 18 May 2017 14:42:17 PDT