Mechanical Product Engineer
Overview / Job Summary
ServerLIFT Corporation is looking for a motivated, energetic multitasker to join our growing engineering team. Specifically, we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide product design and engineering innovation and support for our specialized handling equipment.
The job is primarily focused on the design, specification, and inspection analysis of new and existing products and accessories, as well as developing procedures and fixtures for assembly and inspection.
The work will involve occasional assembly and/or disassembly of prototype machinery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing processes such as stamping, forming, machining, water jet cutting, welding, etc.
- Understanding of plastic thermoforming and injection molding
- Understanding of basic circuit diagrams
- Hands-on experience with basic machine shop tools and processes.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to take direction and to work well individually and collaboratively
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in similar position in small volume manufacturing and/or assembly environment
- Currently eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Do you meet ALL of the above requirements? If so, please continue reading and consider applying. If not, please do not apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and detailing of new products and improvements on existing products
- Involvement in and/or review of first article inspection reports for new components and products
- Work with team to identify and correct root cause issues, and update drawings & documentation
Additional Desirable Skills
- Knowledge of best practices for 3D CAD modeling and drawings
- GD&T, statistical stack-ups and manufacturing processes
- Technical writing experience (such as work instructions, assembly instructions, manuals)
- Experience with OSHA standards, ISO documentation, and/or UL, CE, ASME, ANSI certification(s)
- Welding and/or machine shop experience
- Solder certification
- Experience with basic electrical test equipment
ServerLIFT Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer of Data Center Infrastructure Handling solutions. Our products enable IT professionals to safely and efficiently move and handle servers, switches, UPS's and other rack mounted equipment in data centers.
We provide excellent benefits, and a great work environment
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:33:53 PDT