Director, Resource Center
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director promotes inclusive excellence through programs that develop students’ capacity to overcome obstacles and thrive.
The director fosters an inclusive, respectful space for students of all identities and coordinates educational opportunities that foster intercultural awareness and competence.
The director works to create and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus climate for students, especially for those from traditionally marginalized communities and others who find themselves at risk.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
- Supervise the Center’s team of student interns.
- Work with staff team, especially in Equity & Inclusion and Student Affairs, to develop and implement programs and services that provide support and foster intercultural competencies among students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with the Center’s Faculty Fellow and other faculty partner(s) on the mission and programming of the Center. Cultivates working relationships with appropriate academic departments and programs to ensure that the work of the Center is intellectually-grounded.
- Work closely with the Center’s Advisory Board to fully realize the mission and goals of the Center.
- Partner with the Center’s advisory board and staff to develop effective assessment strategies that help illuminate the impact of the Center as well as drive decision-making.
DIVERSITY AND INTERCULTURAL
- Serve as a resource, advocate and advisor on student diversity issues to the campus community, and specifically to students from historically marginalized communities.
- Support student-led initiatives that foster greater awareness and understanding of student identities.
- Proactively plan trainings, activities and spaces that afford opportunities to expand knowledge, insight and skills necessary to appreciate and successfully navigate diverse intersectional environments.
- Work in collaboration with Equity and Inclusion and Student Affairs to actively engage campus constituents in important and challenging dialogue about equity and inclusion.
- Participate in divisional administrative “on-call” rotation.
- Serve as a resource person for students, parents, and other University personnel — facilitate referrals to appropriate academic and/or administrative departments.
- Assist with development and
- implementation of major initiatives.
- Represent Student Affairs and the Resource Center on designated committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience working in Student Development or Student Activities or teaching or a related field in higher ed. or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Demonstrated competence working with a complex and diverse student population.
Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Proven leadership effectiveness, including the ability to relate and engage with all segments of campus.
Proven ability to counsel, mentor and assist students.
Strong group facilitation skills.
Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Demonstrated strong computer competence, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media.
Experience in a residential liberal arts environment.
Experience writing grant and fund-raising proposals.
Experience with statistics and metrics-driven growth analysis.
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/WesResource
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Antonio Farias, VP for Equity & Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Officer, 860-685-4771, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Director, Resource Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly