Chief Administrative Superintendent of Building & Grounds, Level 4 (Provisional)
This is a management class of positions. Incumbent performs related work.
Under executive direction, with the widest latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and action, serves as the chief in charge of Campus buildings and grounds.
- Is responsible for promoting and enhancing efficient and safe management, operation and maintenance of all campus buildings and grounds under his/her control.
- Serves as advisor to the senior executives of the college.
- Directs the work of one or more Administrative Superintendents of Campus Buildings and Grounds.
- Coordinates strategic, emergency or short range planning activities for safe operation of buildings and grounds.
- Is responsible for adherence to City, State, and Federal codes and regulations including the handling and removal of toxic materials from the campus buildings and grounds.
- Sets policies for garbage removal including toxic wastes; directs and develops recycling programs.
- Provides expert advice and direction regarding EPA and OSHA regulations and standards.
- Participates in policy planning and implementation concerning all matters under his/her jurisdiction.
- Is responsible for development of job standards for hourly personnel.
- Is responsible for administrative and/or ancillary functions required by and in support of the operations and functions of the department including personnel, training and development, labor relations, discipline, budget preparation and implementation.
- Reviews and comments on major construction projects or renovations as requested by appropriate college and University administrators.
- Responsible within limits for the purchase of materials and equipment needed for the department, in adherence with the University purchasing regulations.
- Ensures necessary certification of staff to accomplish standardized and quality work.
- Reports and makes recommendations to the senior executives of the college.
Chief Administrative Superintendent Building and Grounds
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Baruch College is ranked among the region's and nation's top colleges with over 18,000 students, is considered one of the most ethnically diverse student bodies in the United States, and is composed of five buildings containing 1.47 million square feet of space and a public plaza. Buildings and Grounds, which reports to the Assistant Vice President of Campus Facilities, has approximately 125 administrative staff, custodial and trades.
- Baccalaureate degree in related field of study from an accredited college and six years of related experience of which four years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience in the management and/or operation and maintenance of buildings and grounds such as large hotels, educational complexes, large office buildings, or large building complexes large gardens or parks; OR
- A valid New York State Registration as an architect and 5 years of related experience of which 3 years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in 1 above; OR
- A valid New York State professional engineers license and 5 years of related experience of which 3 years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in 1 above; OR
- A valid New York City High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineers license, a four year high school diploma or its equivalent, and eight years of related experience of which six years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in 1 above; OR
- A four year high school diploma or its equivalent and 10 years of related experience of which 6 years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in 1 above; OR
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to "1","2","3","4" and "5" above. In addition an advance degree in a managerial field from an accredited college may be substituted for an additional year of managerial/administrative experience. However, all candidates must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, and 5 years of related experience of which 3 years must be managerial/administrative as described in "1" above.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 16, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Chief Administrative Superintendent of Building & Grounds, Level 4 (Provisional)
Job ID: 16824
Full/Part Time: Full-Time