Student Health Services Director
Medgar Evers College, The City University of New York (Medgar Evers) believes that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals, and that education is the right of all. A dynamic and vibrant institution, its mission is to provide higher education for the under-served populations of Central Brooklyn through high-quality, professional and career-oriented undergraduate degree programs.
A four-year liberal arts college, Medgar Evers is a beacon of educational opportunity, culture, and success to the New York City community and beyond. The College is dedicated to making a positive impact on the surrounding community and pioneering initiatives that will create success for even the youngest learners in Central Brooklyn.
The Student Health Services Center serves as a locus for addressing student wellness, prevention and education. Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Student Health Services Director will provide leadership and vision to the areas of Wellness and Health Services. The Director will serve as the spokesperson for the college in matters related to student health and will facilitate the development of educational programs to meet and respond to the medical needs of the students of Medgar Evers College.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Student Health Services Director's duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of a diverse student body and target services towards assisting students at the greatest risk.
- Provide leadership and supervision of staff in order to deliver seamless, student centered services; develop ongoing professional development opportunities for professional staff.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures; Manage and supervise program coordination, and strategic planning, Convene regular staff and case meetings
- Facilitate collaborations/partnerships/joint programming efforts across individual areas and other college offices as well as community agencies
- Evaluate and recommend staffing needs; recruit and hire staff; Ensure that all staff are trained
- Direct planning, marketing, evaluation and assessment of services; plan and conduct student services needs assessments.
- Raise awareness of student behaviors, provide intervention and connect all parties with the appropriate resources and referral information.
- Interface with academic departments, other college offices, and student groups in order to assess program needs and student health issues; develop and monitor health related programming and implement appropriate services.
- Oversee health service departmental budget and manage fiscal affairs; oversee electronic record keeping, monitor statistics and develop reports.
- Participate in college committees as appropriate, and new student orientation programs
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing (BSN)
- 6 years experience as a Registered Nurse licensed in New York State
- Successful candidates must maintain and apply current clinical knowledge
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative oversight and general direction for multiple aspects of campus health and wellness support services.
- Develops and monitors health-related programming, outreach activities and communications to support a diverse student population
- Plans and conducts student service and needs assessments
- Manages a comprehensive set of student services including counseling services, student disabilities services, and general student health services including immunization and wellness programs
- Assists with strategic planning; oversees department fiscal affairs including budget; may participate in grant development and/or administration
- Advises senior management on issues related to student wellness; collaborates with other campus and University offices to ensure student satisfaction; ensures compliance with laws, regulations, and policies
- May supervise Counselors, Sign Language Interpreters, Disability Accommodations Specialists, and other support staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu to access the employment page. Click the "search job postings" link, followed by the "Managerial/Professional" link.
Click the job ID #16161 to review the posting and apply. Please upload your letter of interest and current resume.
June 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Medgar Evers College
Job Title: Student Health Services Director
Job ID: 16161
Full/Part Time: Full-Time