Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Business
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor's degree, earn a master's degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS currently seeks candidates for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Business (or a business field) for the School's two online business programs: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Science in Business Management and Leadership.
The general responsibilities will include, but are not limited to teaching courses, curriculum development, advisement and support of students, participation on committees and in School governance, scholarship, and other functions as assigned.
Ph.D. degree in Business (or Business related field). Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have the following:
- A record of teaching, research, and scholarly activity in business education
- Experience with online teaching and learning in higher education
- Commitment to advance the success of an online learning environment
- Experience with curriculum and course development, and assessment, with particular emphasis in business and online course/program development
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students for advisement and mentoring
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, administration, and staff of the CUNY School of Professional Studies and other divisions across the University
- Proven record of publication, intellectual scholarship, research, and professional contributions to his/her discipline
- Significant experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
July 16, 2017
Resume review to begin on June 1, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: School of Professional Studies
Job Title: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Business
Job ID: 16782
Full/Part Time: Full-Time