Lecturer - Paramedic Program (Department of Nursing)
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Nursing at Kingsborough Community College is seeking applicants for the position of Lecturer to teach in the A.A.S in Emergency Medical Services (Paramedic Program) to start fall 2017. The selected candidate will teach undergraduate courses in Emergency Medical Services (at both the EMT and Paramedic level); perform teaching and student supervision in lecture, lab, and clinical site sessions; curriculum development and guidance duties in areas(s) of expertise; share responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative (e.g. in-service trainings and departmental, program, or committee meetings as needed), supervisory and other functions; perform student advisement and other duties as needed by the program. Day, evening and weekend curriculum, development and program duties may be required depending on the needs of the program; continued professional growth and scholarly contributions are required.
Performs teaching and related faculty functions in area(s) of expertise.
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must possess at least 5 years of clinical experience as a paramedic in the NYC 911 EMS system and/or EMS teaching experience in an academic setting.
- Current certification as a New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) Paramedic
- Current certification as a New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) Certified instructor Coordinator (CIC)
- Current certification as an American Heart Association provider in BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Knowledge of and commitment to Associate Degree in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) education and curriculum development
- Ability to teach successfully and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Current certification as NYC REMAC paramedic
- Currently working in NYC 911 EMS system
- Current certification as a PHTLS provider
- Current certification as a PHTLS instructor
- Master's degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 16821 or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
June 18, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Lecturer - Paramedic Program (Department of Nursing)
Job ID: 16821
Full/Part Time: Full-Time