Staff Assistant – Records Coordinator
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a Records Coordinator (State Title: Staff Assistant) in the Office of the Registrar.
The Office of the Registrar at SUNY Empire State College provides a wide range of services for students, alumni, faculty and staff, which include recording and reporting academic information, calculating, recording and reporting academic standing, graduation clearance, transcript services, transfer evaluation, enrollment verifications and certifications, collaboration on the academic calendar, enrollment reporting and forecasting, and publications including the term guide and the college catalog. The office maintains all official student, alumni and curricular records for the college and it ensures the accuracy and integrity of the curricular and student records.
The Records Coordinator has responsibilities that support the Office of the Registrar functions as well as student needs.
- Working with Associate Registrar and Transfer, Degree, Audit and Graduation Services (TDAGS) staff with setting up transfer equivalencies in Colleague/Banner for Degree Works
- Working with Assistant Registrar on Degree Works scribing
- Providing support to the Registrar and Assistant Registrar on the course numbering project
- Completing time-sensitive paperwork for students to receive their educational benefits
- Processing required correspondence and coordination with regional locations regarding student program and progress information for third parties
- Tracking Term Guide Changes email database and update student information systems (SIS) from Term Guide change requests received
- Review and update SIS with residency offerings every term
- Registration, manual registration and grading option change requests
- Monitoring the grading change requests and providing approval for Office of the Registrar
- Review and update student records for academic record fixes required for transcript processing
- Assist in managing the Registrar's Office email
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum of one-year experience working in a complex organizational setting
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through
- Ability to work collaboratively and to independently solve problems
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with the ability to learn a wide variety of technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must exercise maturity in judgement, and the ability to maintain a high degree of integrity while handling confidential data
- Prior experience in higher education in the Office of the Registrar or closely related student service unit
- Knowledge of student information systems, especially Banner
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: $40,000+, DOQ
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security