Director of Teaching and Learning Support
The Director of Teaching and Learning Support provides leadership for the Office of Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT), a department that provides faculty support and professional development in the areas of curriculum development, teaching practices, and digital teaching and learning. The Director oversees the work of the team, provides direct support and training to faculty, and is the primary individual responsible for coordinating faculty development opportunities on campus. The Director works with the TLT staff to ensure the quality of curriculum that is developed and that faculty training needs are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership for the TLT, including supervision of departmental staff
- Supervise staff responsible for the online/hybrid course development process, learning management system administration, and instructional technology support
- Oversee the orientation of new faculty; work closely with the Deans/Directors to coordinate mentoring and support efforts for new faculty
- Assist faculty in implementing innovative teaching practices in their classrooms
- Meet regularly with faculty to develop an understanding of their needs, goals and concerns regarding professional development and teaching practices and develop plans to address these needs
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of faculty development programs designed to meet the needs of all faculty populations, including part-time faculty and those teaching in the professional studies division
- Manage a calendar of regularly offered faculty development opportunities
- Assist the Vice President of Academic Affairs in planning faculty workshop day schedules and promoting outside professional development opportunities for faculty
- Work collaboratively with the TLT team to research emerging technologies and instructional practices, recommend new solutions for implementation on campus, and coordinate faculty support and training in these areas
- Collaborate with the Institutional Research and Assessment office on matters relating to assessment (i.e., professional development offerings, developing assessments for courses, mapping new program curriculum).
- Conduct research on state authorization requirements regarding online education and oversee process of seeing authorizations, as needed.
- Master’s degree in education, instructional design or related field required; doctoral degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in higher education administration, including supervisory experience
- experience coordinating, organizing and delivering faculty development opportunities
- College-level teaching and curriculum development experience
- Extensive experience with online education and learning technologies
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Steven Bourgault, Associate Director, Human Resources, Becker College, 61 Sever Street, Worcester, MA 01609-2195 or email to email@example.com.
Apply for Director of Teaching and Learning Support
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly