Working Title: Maintenance Specialist
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Zone Maintenance
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $25,268.00
Position Summary: The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for maintaining buildings, grounds, and equipment. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Develops preventative maintenance schedules for facilities and equipment and participates in overall planning by providing information and advice concerning equipment status, maintenance replacement, or purchasing needs
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled tasks, including building wooden structures, replacing faulty plumbing fixtures, repairing broken pipes, replacing electrical fixtures and receptacles, operating power tools, pouring and finishing concrete, and servicing refrigeration units
- Reports maintenance and repairs needed in maintaining facilities
- Maintains records and prepares reports including equipment history, and materials purchased
- Performs other duties as assigned
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. May require occasional overtime or weekend hours.
Other: This position is considered Essential Personnel in Facilities Management and Candidate must possess a valid Drivers License.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of:
Basic carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing, painting, and heating and air conditioning, The operation, maintenance, and safety requirements of motorized vehicles and equipment
Operate and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on motorized vehicles and equipment, Perform routine building and grounds maintenance work, and Operate and maintain electrical tools and machinery.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of experience or training in the building construction trades, general building maintenance, or in the repair or maintenance of mechanical equipment.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.