Skilled Trades Supervisor
SKILLED TRADES SUPERVISOR
Working Title: Skilled Trades Supervisor
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Zone Maintenance
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $30,713.00
Position Summary: The Skilled Trades Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the skilled tradesman in one or more of the following skilled trades: HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), plumbing, electrical, carpentry, or mechanical. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Adhere to the vision and guiding principles of the Finance and Administration Division
- Conduct daily team meetings to insure all team members have work assignments and communicate any issues to the director of building maintenance
- Ensure team members have tools and materials needed to perform daily work assignments
- Check status of work in progress, make inspections of completed work and report to the director of building maintenance
- Team leaders shall adhere to all Federal, State and Local codes and regulations governing safety and Code regulations and report all incidents to the director of building maintenance
- Ensure that all team members' time cards, work orders, and other assigned paper work are correct and turned in on time
- Ensure that team members work benches in FAMIS are currant and proper information is entered into the work order task list
- Team leaders will wear daily the assigned uniform as designated in the Uniform FMOP. Exceptions will be in writing for approval by the AVC
- Will perform daily work assignments along with other team members
- Other duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Occasional overtime associated with emergencies, weather and football games may be required.
Other: This position is considered Essential Personnel in Facilities Management. Also, works and directs in a multi functioning team environment. Reports directly to the director of building maintenance and will manage and supervise a group of assigned skilled trades workers. Candidate must possess a valid Drivers License.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of:
Policy and procedures, laws, and regulations relating to one or more of the skilled trades, Licensure and certification required for one or more of the skilled trades, The methods, practices, and safety precautions in one or more of the skilled trades, The standard practices, processes, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment, Materials, methods, and tools involved in the maintenance, repair, and/or construction of buildings or other structures
Calculate time, materials, and labor needed for projects, Read and interpret blueprints, manuals, schematics, building plans, and drawings for one or more of the skilled trades, Communicate information and ideas in various environments
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of required education or training along with the required license or certification in the following skilled trades: Journeyman Electrician according to ACA 17-28-304, Journeyman Plumber according to ACA 17-38-301, and HVAC Mechanics according to ACA 17-33-301; plus one year of experience, including six months in a leadership capacity. Occupying the position of a carpenter or painter requires the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus six years of experience, including one year in a leadership capacity.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.