Open Rank Position in Medicine (Endocrinology with a focus on diabetes)
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: Fac/Lib000473 Academic Title: Open Rank Position in Medicine (Endocrinology with a focus on diabetes) Rank: Administrative Title: Discipline Clinical Medicine-MD Specialty: Contract Type: Non-Tenure Track, Non-Tenure Track Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Proposed Start Date: Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
Full-time academic faculty position at the GW Medical Faculty Associates, the clinical practice group affiliated with The George Washington University. The division is seeking a Diabetologist/Endocrinologist at the Associate Professor or Professor level with a focus of interest in diabetes and a record of academic accomplishment and leadership skills.Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must be Board certified/eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism (or in Endocrinology and Metabolism) and be eligible for licensure in the District of Columbia. Applicants must also have an established record of providing excellent clinical care services, research productivity including funding, and clinical teaching as demonstrated by experience, publications, evaluations and/or references. Applicants should have a strong, demonstrated interest in clinical and/or translational diabetes research; and the capability to develop a program of original investigation as demonstrated by a record of peer-review publications and research grant support.Advertised Salary: Other Benefits:
Full benefits package available including professional malpractice coverage (including tail coverage),time off for CME, a Professional Expense Account, retirement benefits, etc.Other Information:
Academic rank at The George Washington University will be commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin on September 23 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.Special Instructions to Applicants: Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening EEO Statement:
The George Washington University is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/17172
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you Board certified/eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism (or in Endocrinology and Metabolism)?
- * Are you License eligible in the District of Columbia?
- * Can you demonstrate an established record of providing excellent clinical care services?
- * Can you demonstrate research productivity including funding as evidenced by publications?
- * Can you demonstrate excellence in clinical teaching as evidenced by evaluations and/or references?
- * Can you demonstrate a strong interest in clinical and/or translational diabetes research?
- * Can you demonstrate the capability to develop a program of original investigation as evidenced by peer review publications and research grant support?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter