Program Coordinator, Central Asia Program
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs is one of the world's leading schools of international affairs and one of the largest schools of international affairs in the United States. Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., its mission is to educate the next generation of international leaders, conduct research that advances understanding of important global issues, and engage the policy community in the United States and around the world.
The Elliott School's Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) currently seeks a Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of the Central Asia Program (CAP) under limited supervision, the Program Coordinator coordinates the operational and administrative duties for the office, including events and related financial tasks. He or she maintains the CAP website and its affiliates, and develops visibility on social media. This person will also do some copyediting and produce publications. Specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinates all logistics of CAP events, including coordinating travel and accommodation logistics for speakers, collecting information from speakers, finding and reserving event space, coordinating catering, publicizing events, on-site management for events. Tracks event expenses and administers all financial aspects from events. Supervises support staff assisting with events.
• Tracks and administers spending on CAP fund and all external grants, typically 9-12 grants. Coordinate all program P-card expenses. Administers Grants and Sponsored Projects, including grant proposal and budget development, budget tracking, assisting with close-out procedures, assisting with writing final reports.
• Administers all CAP presences online, including program websites (posting content, web design, and technical management). Administers all social media platforms including posting content regularly, maintaining CAP branding, and interacting with followers in order to grow audiences. Edits event videos and posts on YouTube.
• Administers all CAP sub-programs, including the National Analytical Center at Nazarbayev University (NAC-NU) Central Asia Studies Program, the student research paper competition, travel grants, visiting fellowship programs, and new programs as added. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, collecting submissions, coordinating travel and providing back-up support for visa processing.
• Coordinates the operations of the office including ordering supplies, coordinating the hiring of assistants, training and delegating tasks to assistants and providing backup support for IERES office management.
• Edits CAP publications.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of training and experience, is necessary plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail
• Event planning experience
• Experience with website development and maintenance (preferably WordPress)
• Background in European and Eurasian studies
• Prior professional experience in either project or program management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong, demonstrated teamwork skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel
• Copy editing experience
• Audio/video production and editing experience, (Final Cut Pro, iMovie)
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Elliott School of International Affairs (ESIA) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 - 5:30 Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006276 Job Open Date: 05/18/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter