Adjunct Faculty- SME Workshop Facilitator
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Work From Home
Position Summary: This is a contracted position at the TCSPP National Center for Teaching and Learning to facilitate an online workshop that guides Subject Matter Experts (SME's) through the course design process in 8 modules. The SME 101 facilitator will work as an experienced guide and project manager for new and continuing SME's to ensure that course design deliverables are met on time and with quality assurance.
- Provide prompt and customized feedback to new and continuing SME's to ensure all learning outcomes--Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILO's,) Program Learning Outcomes (PLO's,) Course Learning Outcomes (CLO's) and Module Learning Outcomes (MLO's) are properly aligned for newly designed and redesigned courses.
- Provide prompt and customized feedback to new and continuing SME's to ensure course assignments properly measure MLO's and CLO's for newly designed and redesigned courses.
- Provide prompt and customized feedback to new and continuing SME's to ensure new and redesigned courses are created for delivery within multiple teaching modalities
- Work closely with a SME's Department Chair and Instructional Designer to ensure that course design deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Provide prompt and customized feedback to new and continuing SME's to ensure that new and redesigned courses meet Quality Matters standards and requirements.
- Ensure that newly designed and redesigned courses meet internal review standards and requirements
- Facilitate synchronous webinar orientation and training sessions for new SME's at the beginning of each workshop term
- Behave in a collegial and professional manner with all members of TCSPP community and adhere to the highest professional conduct and ethical standards of the professional of psychology
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly update meetings to report on SME progress and trouble shoot arising challenges.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and learning both within on-ground and online learning modalities
- Experience in course or instructional design, preferably for online learning
- Experience with project management via electronic means (computer, Skype, GotoMeeting, telephone) is preferred
- Familiarity with Canvas (or similar) Learning Management System
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A Doctoral Degree (Preferred) or Masters in Educational Psychology or related field
- Previous experience in Instructional Design and/or Curriculum Design
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.