Assistant Coach, Volleyball Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700300)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Coach, Volleyball Operations. 12 Month athletic year round service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist head coach in the overall day to day operations of the volleyball program.
• Coordinate film exchange with common opponents. Maintain working knowledge of scouting, recruiting and video software. Coordinate with Assistant coaches to organize and produce scouting tapes for recruiting purposes. Organize and produce video of game footage for evaluation by coaching staff and team
• Liaison between head coach to DIA administration as it relates to the sport of volleyball
o Facility scheduling- coordination in scheduling facilities usage for practices and games
o Marketing and Promotions-coordination with Marketing and Promotions staff provide game/tournament information
• Direct and Manage Summer Volleyball Camps, a series of multi day events for individuals and teams, for those interested in Illinois Volleyball.
• Coordinate all on campus recruiting functions, including design and set up of recruiting weekends, unofficial visits and official visits.
• Construct and develop the annual schedule for opponents in conjunction with head coach
• Directly supervise and assign work for student managerial staff (student help). Organize work
• Coordinate all facets of logistical game and tournament travel arrangements for volleyball student athletes and staff to games and tournaments
• Coordinate, organize, and oversee all activities as it relates to the alumni relations and outreach.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Bachelor's degree in sports management, kinesiology, recreation or related field required
Master's degree in same areas as required.
At least one year experience in Data Volley
Experience with Division I intercollegiate athletics preferred. 2-3 years' experience in Data Volley. Experience managing sport travel and summer camps. Video experience preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by June 8, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of
application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Christopher Tamas,
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Coach, Volleyball Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700300)
Open Date: 05/18/2017
Close Date: 06/08/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics