Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Auditor is responsible for assisting the Internal Audit department in executing the annual audit plan and the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX ) requirements; Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements and SOX activities, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities; Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies potential issues; Determine compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations; Make recommendations to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed; Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit leadership to ensure potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Conducts assigned SOX and internal audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Assists with the reporting process for communicating SOX and internal audit results
- Follow up with management to confirm SOX and internal audit remediation plans have been completed as scheduled.
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Organizes personal effort to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression - proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities
- Researches and keeps abreast of updates to the IIA standards and related audit guidance, as well as relevant regulatory and legislative issues
- Other duties as assigned
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA and/or CIA certification
- 2 years of relevant experience, including internal audit and SOX experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and critical thinking skills with the ability to apply professional judgment. Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture.
- Strong SOX and internal audit experience
- Excellent knowledge of internal audit methodology and the IIA standards
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic - inquisitive
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to identify the underlying cause of an issue
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.