FSLA Camp Manager -Summer 2017
FSLA Camp Manager -Summer 2017
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 05/20/2017
General Summary: The UNG Federal Service Language Academy (FSLA) is an immersive, academic language camp for high-achieving high school students during the summer of their sophomore, junior and/or senior year. These students live in residence housing, have physical fitness workouts 3-5 days per week, attend classes each morning, afternoon and evening, as well as go on several culturally-focused field trips. There are two sessions: June and July. The dates of FSLA 2017 Session 1 are June 11-30. The dates for Session 2 are July 9-28. College students and recent grads are hired to work as counselors and tutors. The FSLA Camp Manager will supervise these tutors and counselors and work with FSLA instructors to ensure that efficient and optimal teaching conditions are maintained. The FSLA Camp Manager will report daily to the FSLA Academic Director and coordinate academic and logistical matters with FSLA Coordinator. The FSLA Camp Manager will have his/her own room in the dorm and meals at the dining hall throughout the camp. The person selected as FSLA Camp Manager will exhibit strong leadership skills, integrity, dependability and personal initiative. This is a 24/7 position over a three-week period. There is virtually no free time.
Candidate will choose one or both sessions. Session I June or Session II July. Preference will be given to a candidate who can do both sessions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The FSLA Camp Manager will:
- Supervise FSLA Tutors and Counselors.
- Assist Counselors and Tutors in the supervision of students.
- Supervise the dorms, enforce lights out, quiet time, and wake up calls.
- Assist Counselors and Tutors in the supervising student conduct on evenings and weekends activities.
- Assist FSLA instructors with logistical issues.
- Work with FSLA Camp Academic Director and coordinator with communication issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, integrity, dependability and personal initiative
- Must be organized and flexible
- Due to the complexity and intensity of the program and packed schedule, adaptable, hard-working, attentive to details, and most of all very student centered
- Must be hard-working, self-starters who are great team players and enjoy working with 16 and 17 year olds
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- At least 2 years of college; Bachelor degree preferred
- Leadership experience required
- Previous experience working with high school students preferred
- Language teaching experience preferred
- First Aid and CPR Certifications a plus
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.