Patient Access Administrative Assistant
Patient Access Administrative Assistant-1701378
At Stony Brook Medicine, the administrative assistant for Patient Access provides full secretarial / administrative support services including taking and transcribing minutes for various meetings (including senior staff meeting, management team, work groups, etc.) and works closely with other secretarial / administrative assistants to coordinate meetings and room reservations. To provide full administrative support including faxing, scanning and typing documents, correspondence and other material as directed.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and time management skills. They should have attention to detail and be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Duties of an Administrative Assistant for Patient Access may include the following but are not limited to:
- Provide full secretarial / administrative support services including taking and transcribing minutes for various meetings (including senior staff meeting, management team, work groups, etc.) and works closely with other secretarial / administrative assistants to coordinate meetings and room reservations. To provide full administrative support including faxing, scanning and typing documents, correspondence and other material as directed.
- In the role of secretarial / administrative assistant:
- Coordinates office services for the director, i.e. scheduling meetings, calendar requests, educational and travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Creates and categorizes “bring up files”, agendas, projects, etc. for the Director. Coordinates and revises work lists and due dates for staff education, staff work completion, staff credentialing and other material such as staff guides, correspondences and newsletters with the administrative team.
- In the role of secretarial / administrative assistant, completes reports, spread sheets graphs and updates dashboards in “real time”, follow up dash board to support departmental CQI activities in real time, providing updates to the director. Additionally maintain spreadsheets, logs and reports (i.e. OT log and run Kronos reports as requested, etc.). Ensures that department reports are prepared accurately and in a timely manner. Serves as liaison to each of the Patient Access Divisions to ensure that documentation of quality, and report updates are current and in real time. Serves to assist and facilitate ongoing audit of departmental requirements, and serves as liaison to each Patient Access Division. Supports the human resource process including preparation of recruitment and appointment packages, screening applicants, and assist with the interview process and completes the requirements for Taleo.
- Covers office manager responsibilities in her/his absence to include: assist in budget preparation and control including processing budget transfers and tracking expenditures. Assist with inventory control by monitoring and maintaining office supplies using Staples Advantage and Vanguard websites to place orders. Serves as liaison to IT for hardware needs. Physically reviews inventory and quality condition of RICS / and other required IT hardware devices on a daily basis (in the absence of the Office Manager) ensuring that all vital equipment is in working order, and that the devices are maintained. Serves to dispatch these items to staff on a daily basis (in when covering for the Office Manager).
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Associates degree plus two years of relevant administrative experience required. Previous office experience with intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint and knowledge and experience with statistical analysis. Ability to track, document and trend data. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, coordinate complex schedule(s)/calendar and travel, and work in a fast paced environment; collectively and independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments. Team player in fast paced environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with administrative support services including taking and transcribing meeting minutes for committees. Advanced skill level with Microsoft Suite. Demonstrated experience with four plus years’ experience serving in the role of secretarial / administrative assistant in a busy professional office. Experience with, travel and education arrangements/reimbursement and maintaining office supplies. Previous experience in the use of KRONOS, Lawson, Taleo and Staples, VISIO, Publisher, dashboards.Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Staff Assistant II
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Patient Access-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 9:00 AM - 5:30 PMPatient Access-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: May 18, 2017
Posting End Date: Jun 1, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL1