Coordinator of Operations, Cross Country and Track and Field
Requisition # 2017-7541
Date Posted 5/18/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting directly to the Men's and Women's Cross Country and Track and Field Head Coaches, the coordinator assists the Head Coaches with the overall mission of the Men's and Women's Cross Country and Track and Field programs which offer opportunities to over 120 student-athletes. The coordinator communicates and updates regularly with head coaches and will be expected to represent the University with a high degree of professionalism and integrity at all times
Home Meet Management
- Coordinate all home Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor track contests (up to 10 annually).
- Manage officials (will be responsible for maintaining, coordinating and managing a group of 60-80 qualified officials)
- Create and disseminate meet information and communication with visiting coaches
- Manage meet entries including seeding races
- Coordinate meet set-up and operations with campus facilities
- Be available to help coordinate logistics during official visit weekends (airport runs, campus tours, etc.)
- Be welcoming and professional with all prospective recruits
- Coordinate travel over 3 competitive seasons with Head Coaches for over 120 athletes including booking hotels, buses, flights etc.
- Develop trip itineraries
- Serve as away meet coordinator (expected to travel with teams)
- Act as a liaison to the sports information office
- Manage the program's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Coordinate alumni newsletters
- Act as a liaison to the Equipment office
- Place annual orders for all gear, shoes and periodic equipment orders
- Oversee facility equipment (hurdles, pits, etc.) maintenance and replacement
Assist Head Coaches
- Assist with practice logistics
- Drive vans to off campus practice sites
- Work with coaches to coordinate preseason meals and lodging
- Manage team rosters with compliance and on line
- Monitor team member eligibility
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties concerning Alumni relations and camps
- Order office supplies
- Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of cross-country and track and field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- High level of integrity
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
**nights and weekends required**
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.