Mid-Senior Java Developer
A prime federal-government contractor is seeking multiple Java Developers in the NOVA / Washington, D.C. quadrangle. This is a temporary contract (6+ Month project) to work with a key federal government agency on a project with sensitive public-health implications.
Likely that most candidates representing themselves will be considered. (This is not a worthwhile third-party opportunity.)
Please read carefully below for details specific to your opportunity.
- This is a long-term contract opportunity (6+ months with the possibility of contract renewal with budgetary passage in early 2017).
- Note: Resource must be onsite in Alexandria or Herndon. No remote work.
- Submit a resume (5 pages or less) and complete the client's skills matrix assessment* (if contacted for this opportunity).
- If selected, a video or phone interview will be scheduled with members of the client hiring team
- A second interview may be scheduled at the client's request
- Works with business analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business requirements.
- Create prototypes to validate requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business problems.
- Analyze requirements and propose changes to data model as required by design.
- Construct browser-based web applications using Java/J2EE using frameworks and technologies listed below.
- Develop comprehensive automated unit tests for all software developed.
- Respond to problems by researching issues and developing solution to the problems.
- Use government-approved tools for development, problem tracking, and status reporting.
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior team members as requested
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an IT-related discipline
- At least 6 years of post-graduate experience creating web applications in Java utilizing frameworks such as Struts and Spring.
- Senior J2EE Application Developer with minimum 6 years relevant work experience (not including formal education - although Master's Degree equals 2 years of experience)
- Certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer, Oracle Certified Java Associate, or higher certification. If not, must obtain within 30 days of start date.
- Team-centric focus
- Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
Plusses (All Positions):
- Master's Degree
- Software Engineering background
- Quality Assurance background
- Applications Testing experience
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
Tier One Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer. Candidate qualifications are defined by client specification.
16537 (CMS) (RGN)
Tier One Technologies is a national technical consulting firm with its corporate headquarters located in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania metro area. Our niche is providing services to the Government Sector, including government prime contractors, with focus on Federal Civilian, Defense, Intelligence and Security segments. We offer comprehensive benefits including Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance as well as 401k plan.
Tue, 2 May 2017 13:20:10 PDT