The safety and health of the employee takes precedence over any other duties of this job. Through the use of Total Quality Management (TQM) problem-solving techniques in routine job activities and team settings, performs all responsibilities in a manner which insures the quality expectations of every customer, internal and external, are met and exceeded. Measures critical product / process variables, records or reports using appropriate TQM tools and utilizes information to continuously improve. If unable to maintain processes within established limits or meet specifications, is fully authorized to stop the operations and seek assistance. This position reports to the Plant Manager for the entire safety program for the Shelbyville KY facility.
- Key member of the management team
- Work with supervision to insure the safety of all individuals in the facility.
- Recognized as a safety role model by Leadership Team (Management) and Team Members (hourly personnel).
- Assist supervision will all requirements and responsibilities of the Core Safety Program.
- Lead and implement all Safety Programs and facilitate related activities.
- Understand and communicate all applicable safety and environmental developments and initiatives.
- Committed to achieving and maintaining an injury free workplace.
- Work with the plant leadership team to insure all safety training requirements are completed, updated and documented.
- Distribute all safety materials including: weekly statistics, safety meeting minutes, steering committee minutes, safety inspections, audit results and all other safety information.
- Facilitate the steering committee meetings and schedule meetings for team updates.
- Facilitate all Safety Sub-teams to make sure they are moving forward with their objectives.
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has more than 21,000 employees working in more than 340 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco values its people and is committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, (including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Paid Holidays, Matching 401K) value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Sonoco Products Company. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that may or may not exist. Please be advised that Sonoco will never ask for payment to progress a job application. Prior to responding to any suspicious email or website posting, please confirm the validity of the opportunity at http://careers.sonoco.com. If you feel you have received a fraudulent Sonoco solicitation, please report the suspicious recruiting activity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:55:12 PDT