Assistant Coach Women's Tennis
The purpose of this role is to assist in the management of the women's tennis program including: coaching, recruiting, community relations, administrative duties and camps. The Assistant Coach primarily works on coaching enrolled student-athletes and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Coaching and Teaching
- On-court and off-court coaching and teaching of student-athletes in an individual, as well as team practice format.
- Video analysis breakdown.
- Travel with and coach at away-from-home matches while also being in a supervisory capacity.
- Responsible for the identification, evaluation, and securing of recruiting prospective student-athletes who can compete for and win championships.
- Maintaining current and accurate databases for recruiting classes using JumpForward software program.
- Establish relationships with prospective student athletes (and their support group i.e. parents/coach/teachers) during the process.
- Organize and carry-out the on-campus visit and assist in the eventual signing of prospective student athletes to a NLI with the University of Colorado.
- Responsible for completing the majority of the required day-to-day documentation as it relates to NCAA Compliance, Athletics Department Business Office, team travel, etc.
- Will be required to attend all department meetings and as many public appearances as possible.
- Will provide assistance, time and energy to all community outreach events organized by the Head Coach.
- Assist the head coach in the operation of the summer tennis camp.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $47,500.00. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be ambitious. Be flexible. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of USPTA, PTR or NGB level coaching experience or at least one year of college level coaching experience at a Division I institution.
What you will need:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and a thorough knowledge of the NCAA Rules and Regulations.
What we'd like you to have:
- Collegiate playing or coaching experience along with successful experience in recruiting.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 26, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09569.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Athletics
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: May 26, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00152987