Senior Clinical Case Coordinator
Senior Clinical Case Coordinator
Correctional Medicine - 350501
This position is located within the University of North Texas (UNT), University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) Office of Finance - Correctional Medicine Department. The Correctional Medicine Department (CMD) is principally responsible for overseeing and managing comprehensive medical services provided to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. CMD also oversees and manages the clinical provider staffing for the Tarrant County Jail and Midland County Jail.
This position will responsible for providing oversight and leadership of clinical case management services for UNTHSC's Comprehensive Medical Services contracts with the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) and other assigned department projects and contracts.
The essential functions and responsibilities for the Senior Clinical Case Coordinator position shall include:
* Team leadership and oversight of clinical case management functions including monitoring, tracking and reporting the clinical condition and medical treatment plans for inmate patients admitted and/or treated at contract health care facilities in support BOP contracts other assigned department projects and contracts.
* Oversight and tracking of inmate patient daily census including inpatient tracking and preparing Daily Clinical Status Reports for BOP facilities to document treatment and discharge plans as well as the clinical status of inmate patients throughout their admission to contract health care facilities.
* Coordinate specialty referrals during inpatient and/or outpatient admissions to promote continuity of care including ordering and placement of specialized medical equipment and devices, medication prescriptions, and timely discharge planning back to the BOP facilities or other contract facilities.
* Develop electronic clinical case management reports to document utilization and trends in inpatient and outpatient service in support of UNTHSC's Quality Assurance Plan.
* Provide staffing support for the mission, goals, values and objectives of UNTHSC and CMD and back-up coverage and all other duties as assigned necessary to support CMD and UNTHSC.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and five years of experience
* Registered Nurse - Texas License
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Nursing.
* Demonstrated experience clinical case management, clinical management, utilization review or related experience in a hospital, long terms care, and/or ambulatory care setting.
* Demonstrated experience in working in a correctional facility or in an organization that provides correctional health care services.
* Demonstrated experience in utilizing the NextGen Electronic Medical Record and Enterprise Practice Management Systems as well as EPIC Electronic Medical Record System.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Candidates should be aware this position also requires the following:
* Principle duty station will be at a UNTHSC facility; however, may require on-site visits to local BOP facilities and other UNTHSC, Correctional Network Provider and Facilities, and other customer sites.
* Frequent travel may be required from CMD offices to UNTHSC main campus, BOP facilities, and Network Providers and Facilities, including hospitals and physician offices, to oversee and coordinate CMD assigned contracts and agreements.
* Incumbent must maintain a valid motor vehicle driver's license and appropriate limits of automobile insurances throughout employment.
* Incumbent must adhere to all BOP security requirements and successfully pass all BOP Security Clearance requirements and maintain such security clearance throughout employment.
* Incumbent must adhere to all UNTHSC's confidentiality requirement regarding the protection and/or release of proprietary information and/or trade secrets related to UNTHSC's contract proposals and business operations.
Commensurate with experience
Monday-Friday with on-call
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Registered Nurse - Texas License, without restrictions
Official Job Title
Senior Clinical Case Coord
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled