University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
VCHA - Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine
Position # 732313- Requisition 08900
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
VCHA - Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) ETL Developer position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Compass services are based on a combination of traditional on-premises systems and cutting-edge, cloud based technologies. The primary responsibility of the ETL Developer will be to design and develop the processes required to extract, transform, cleanse, and load the data into the enterprise data warehouse and data marts.
The ETL Developer will also have a role in the design of the data and systems architecture for the data warehouse including normalized and dimensional data modeling, working to develop solutions to address data warehouse query performance and quality issues including data profiling, developing/enhancing technical standards, and consult with other IT teams and users on optimal use of the data warehouse to solve business problems.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field from an accredited institution and 2 years professional level experience in the IT field
- Experience with healthcare data from EMRs like Epic.
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Experience in ETL design, development, performance and validation and a variety of ETL development tools, e.g., Informatica, SSIS, Talend.
- Direct experience with enterprise data warehouses.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 5+ years in IT related field.
- 3+ years Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence experience.
- 3+ years of technical experience relating to ETL design, development, performance and validation.
- Experience with Python/JS/R.
- Experience with any type of -omic data.
- Experience with Google BigQuery and with public cloud platforms and secure storage of data.
- Experience working as a team member using Agile/Scrum
- Extensive experience with securing sensitive data and systems, including firewalls, networking and infrastructure.
- Experience working closely with fellow employees and vendor resources.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to excel in an integrated environment, working closely with various IT/Business/Clinical teams to accomplish objectives.
- Advanced level of knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and validate complex database load and maintenance processes with ETL tools.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and schedule the ETL run cycle within the allowable window of load time.
- Ability to analyze clinical and business source systems on a variety of platforms.
- Attention to detail and comprehension of detailed business requirements, asking questions as appropriate.
- Self-starter and driven to accomplish delivery of data for research to support the department's vision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Donna Brown at Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by April 15, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 15, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21538 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM Compass
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Brown
Posting Contact Email: Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732313