IT and External Engagement Coordinator (Technician II)
Colorado Law is accepting applications for a full-time IT and External Engagement Coordinator (Technician II). This position supports the IT and External Engagement initiatives at Colorado Law. These programs operate both internally and externally to the Law School in multiple dimensions. Given their overarching areas of responsibilities, the two programs have a great deal of commonality. As such, this allows the Coordinator's work be to rather holistic in nature as evidenced in the responsibilities laid out below.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Event Coordination/Management - IT & External Engagement:
This position will coordinate both the technological and logistical components of events, including:
• Work with law school faculty, staff, Centers, Clinics, and external groups to identify their AV/IT support needs for their event and coordinate event technicians and event staff. Hire, train, and supervise all student event technicians. Manage and schedule all events that need IT and AV assistance. Also provide event support when technicians are not available.
• Work with event owner to create menus, order catering, and prepare any necessary paperwork. Create electronic RSVPs for events, monitor responses. Prepare and adhere to budgets for all events.
• Manage event-tracking in Salesforce and IT SharePoint as appropriate (RSVPs, Law group list maintenance, student technician assignments, etc.).
• Provide administrative and event support for annual Law Alumni Banquet
• Coordinate and provide administrative and staffing support for Mini Law School. Assist with special events as needed.
Administrative Support for Assistant Dean for Outreach, Engagement, and Alumni Relations:
• Administrative support for Assistant Dean, including management of calendar, expenses, meeting preparation, and travel arrangements
• Compose routine correspondence, proofread letters, documents and memos
• Perform word processing, spreadsheet development, mail merge documents, and other clerical duties as required
Law IT digital media coordinator:
Oversee classroom and event recordings and the process to make them available through either protected/private or public channels. Test and support video conference offerings including traditional video conferencing and also cloud-based solutions.
Procurement - IT & External Engagement:
This position will perform regular equipment checks and make recommendations to the Sr. IT Director when items need replacing.
AV System Training & Documentation Coordinate and provide classroom AV system trainings for faculty, staff, students, and external users. Responsible for the user documentation of the courtroom and classroom AV system operation.
AV System Training & Documentation
Coordinate and provide classroom AV system trainings for faculty, staff, students, and external users. Responsible for the user documentation of the courtroom and classroom AV system operation.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $33,888/annually. Pay grade H08.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be involved. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
Must be a current resident of Colorado.
Two years of work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job, i.e., AV/IT support and event planning.
Substitutions: two years of college, university or non-correspondence school course work related to the work assignment may substitute for the required experience.
What we'd like:
A degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience using Salesforce and IT SharePoint or similar systems for event tracking.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Please apply by May 24, 2017.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job Number. PI97890482
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10352 - School of Law
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00729457