International Program Director
The Colorado School of Law is accepting applications for an International Program Director. This position is the lead administrator of the law school's international degree programs, which presently include a M.S.L. in Human Rights and a contemplated LL.M. degree program.
The position will be full-time and has leadership responsibilities for: effective communications to publicize program(s), budget management, student recruiting, enrollment management, annual events, student support and career planning, program development, office administration, and all related staff and student work. The Program Director is responsible for the growth and smooth day-to-day management of the international programs. Candidates should have a passion for working with students and expanding a top-flight academic program. The position requires excellent communication and leadership skills and an ability and desire to develop relationships with international university partners, recruit prospective applicants, and establish and maintain productive, collaborative relationships with students and University of Colorado colleagues.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Administer International Programs
- develop and administer the budget, in consultation with the Director of Budget and Finance
- serve as administrative liaison to other administrative offices in the School of Law and the University.
- invite international scholars for visits and assist in preparing offer letters, visa paperwork, travel and accommodation arrangements
- organize a vibrant program of professional and social activities for students and coordinate event logistics, including orientation and graduation ceremonies
- assist with administrative aspects of courses offered only to students enrolled in the international programs; implement individualized support tailored to best prepare students for programs
- supervise any staff or student work associated with these programs
- provides executive support for international program functions and staff'
Admissions and Recruiting
- develop specialized marketing for the international programs, including writing and distributing printed materials, creating and updating Web materials, and advertising
- recruit students overseas and in the U.S.; execute recruitment strategy respond to questions from prospective applicants
- oversee admissions process including reviewing applications, serving on the committee charged with admissions, and responding to admissions questions from prospective applicants
- work with law faculty on yield activities to encourage admitted students to accept admission
International M.S.L. and LL.M. Student Support
- provide assistance to admitted students in applying for scholarships
- work with International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) to resolve problems with visas encountered by M.S.L. and LL.M. admittees
- provide assistance in finding housing
- provide student registration assistance
- seek grants and scholarships for international programs or students
- maintain connections with alumni of the international programs, in coordination with the law school's development, alumni and career center staff
What you should know:
The position will require domestic and international travel.
What we can offer:
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be involved. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
• Undergraduate degree from accredited post-secondary school
• Three years of professional work experience
What you'll need:
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills that indicate the ability to work as part of a team or independently
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and utilize a range of communication channels with diverse groups of students, faculty, administrators, staff, and members of the bench and bar from a wide range of backgrounds
• Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook (or similar software)
• Ability to travel by air, automobile, train, or bus
• Have or ability to obtain a passport
What we'd like you to have:
• LL.M. and/ or J.D. from an accredited law school
• Experience in admissions or other university student affairs setting
• Experience building or directing a law school degree program
• Professional experience in career services or recruiting
• Foreign language competency
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 4, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job Number.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10352 - School of Law
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00733504