ERP Programmer Analyst III
ERP Programmer Analyst III
ERP Programmer Analyst III
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas System is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an ERP Programmer Analyst III to join our team.
This position performs highly complex (senior-level) computer programming work in the ERP client/server enterprise application. Work involves coordinating ERP programming projects, analyzing proposed ERP applications, and providing technical assistance. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
* Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
* Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
* Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
* Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
* Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
* Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
* Determine system performance standards.
* Meet with functional customers, analyze software applications requirements and make recommendations to customers for solutions, with minimal supervision.
* Perform as assistant to the Team Lead in the daily activities of the team by doing supervisory and project management work as specifically assigned by the Team Lead.
* Perform as subject matter expert for the software supported.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and five years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Extensive knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems.
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
* Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functions.
* Experience working with SalesForce.com.
* Experience with Higher Education institutions.
* Technical skills using SQL and an ETL tool (such as Informatica).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting