Direct Mail Program Manager
The Office of Advancement for the University of Colorado System works closely to support the missions of the four University of Colorado campuses (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver). The division consists of about 50 individuals reporting to the Vice President Advancement, and works with each of the four campus Advancement offices as well as Advancement colleagues employed by the University of Colorado Foundation.
The University of Colorado's Office of Advancement is seeking an enthusiastic person to bring our direct mail program to new heights. In this role, you will hit the ground running; managing our current slate of six direct mail campaigns on time and on budget. The Direct Mail Program Manager will create and manage a comprehensive mailing calendar, and develop and implement an iterative testing plan for the direct mail program. This position will serve as the leader of the direct mail program, and will become familiar with our efforts while presenting a comprehensive and data-driven strategy that includes segmentation plans and at least one additional appeal. This position will also serve as the Direct Mail expert for the CU System, hosting collaborative planning sessions to build relationships on all four campuses and ensure that appeals across the system are data-driven and following best practices. The Direct Mail Program Manager will report to the Senior Director for Annual Giving, and will play an integral role on the central Annual Giving team. This position is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and performs all of the daily duties associated with ongoing direct mail appeals.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive calendar of appeals and printed communications covering four different campuses in conjunction with campus partners
- Serves as the lead project manager for all central direct mail projects, ensuring on-time and accurate delivery.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications team, and campus partners to develop compelling and effective design and copy.
- Collaborates with the Annual Giving team and campus partners to develop and implement a testing strategy.
- Conduct ongoing review and analysis of segmentation efforts.
- Monitors direct mail performance and makes recommendations and changes to improve performance and efficiency.
- Serves as day to day contact with direct mail production vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to complete thorough and accurate research and appropriately apply to projects assigned
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University Personnel, and the public.
This position is exempt from the classified system.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Broomfield. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range is $55,000- $60,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience).
- At least three (3) years' experience fundraising in a higher education or nonprofit setting.
- At least one (1) year experience leading a direct mail program
- Three (3) years' experience leading direct mail efforts in a higher education or non-profit setting
- Experience developing and conducting statistically significant tests
- Demonstrated experience securing buy-in and support from stakeholders
- Experience managing digital fundraising campaigns
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by June 16, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Chris Brooks
Posting Contact Email: Chris.Brooks@cu.edu
Position Number: 00001625