JOB NO.: 90797-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90797-AS
Working Title: Content Strategist
Official Title: IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A067130-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ENTERPRISE/PCS
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 19, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,500 Maximum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No Degree Required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* At least three years of experience designing and creating websites using a content management system or tool such as WordPress, Drupal, Dreamweaver, etc.
* Experience communicating IT-related information and concepts with a wide range of end users, customers, and stakeholders.
* Project planning and project management skills. Able to coordinate and prioritize different project tasks and effectively manage time and resources.
* Knowledge of current web development best practices and strategies in the areas of UX design, responsive design, accessibility, and search engine optimization.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Graphic design experience.
* Experience with website diagnostics and analysis.
* Commitment to teamwork, balancing team and individual responsibilities, and supporting team efforts to achieve success.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, UW System campuses, UW System Administration, and other associated agencies. DoIT employs approximately 900 people and operates with an annual budget of over $100 million dollars. The position is located within the Productivity & Collaborative Solutions Group (PCS). For more information, please visit our website: https://it.wisc.edu/.
The Content Strategist will consult with clients across campus to develop and maintain their websites within the campus enterprise Content Management Service, WiscWeb, (an implementation of WordPress). You will work with campus clients to understand their requirements for website design and function; consult on current website design best practices; collaborate with the client to develop an implementation schedule and plan; coordinate client and technologist efforts for implementation; and ultimately deliver a website to the customer that meets their business needs. As a member of PCS, you will collaborate with multiple teams across DoIT and UW Madison to support this service, develop enhancement recommendations based on client feedback, and work to continually improve the services we provide to campus.
Instructions to applicants:
Please note: DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 18 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 1 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time