MANAGER, VIOLENCE PREVENTION
JOB NO.: 90720-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: UHS/VIOLENCE PREVENTION
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Management/Supervisory, Public Safety, Law Enforcement/Compliance, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90720-AS
Working Title: Manager, Violence Prevention
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Hiring Department: A577800-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/VIOLENCE PREVENTION
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in public health, nursing, health education, health care administration, social work, student or community development or related field required; Master's Degree or higher preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1.Three or more years related experience including involving program management, training and technical assistance and/or outreach focused on innovative approaches to preventing and responding to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
2. Technical expertise in sexual violence and sexual harassment in college populations including knowledge of federal requirements, evidence-based strategies, and best practices.
3. Ability to develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based population level prevention programs and policies
4. Knowledge of trauma-based approaches to sexual harassment and sexual violence prevention and response
1. Ability to utilize qualitative or quantitative techniques for population level assessment and program evaluation.
2. Experience in addressing sexual violence and sexual harassment in disproportionally impacted and marginalized communities
3. Experience in building collaborative campus community program and funding partnerships.
4. Ability to manage project activities and facilitate the success of multi-disciplinary teams including supervising staff, establishing, balancing and adjusting priorities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and developing cost effective performance driven management systems
The UHS Violence Prevention Manager serves as the content expert and consultant within both UHS and to UW-Madison on sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, victim-centered principles, and evidence-informed primary prevention services and victim advocacy services/strategies. The Violence Prevention Manager position works toward broad-based cultural and systemic change on campus-related violence issues with other academic staff and with faculty and by promoting student engagement. Oversees fiscal management, staffing and personnel needs of Violence Prevention unit.
Instructions to applicants:
Click the Apply Online link above or below to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume or CV to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 18 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 20 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time