Program Coordinator, Career & Technical Education Transitions
The Program Coordinator will oversee all aspects of JCCC's career and technical education partnerships that support the Governor's Excel in Career & Technical Education Initiative (SB 155), manage off-campus sites that promote career and technical course offerings and programs, and assist the Dean with ensuring that the Carl Perkins Reserve, Leadership, and Vocational Improvement grants meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to develop and efficiently manage college/grant budgets
- Understanding of the goals of career and technical education in a community college setting
- Understanding of high school/community college partnerships related to the Governor's CTE Initiative (SB 155)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple deans/directors/departments and interface with senior level leadership as needed
- Willingness to travel to school districts in the Johnson County/Metro area and to Lawrence/Douglas County to oversee JCCC career and technical education activities at LCCC/PTC
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and other software packages necessary for developing and submitting reports/documents
- Three to five years working in an educational environment
- Experience with grant writing, budgeting, and/or reporting
- Experience developing, managing/overseeing institutional budgets
- Experience coordinating/executing institutional contracts/agreements and/or facility usage arrangements
- Experience overseeing and/or coordinating staff responsibilities
- Experience with postsecondary Kansas Board of Regents Carl Perkins Program requirements and Career & Technical Initiatives
- Three to five+ years working with and/or managing budgets in excess of $100,000
- Experience developing partnerships and cooperative agreements for a postsecondary institution
- Experience with Banner software
- Five+ years working in a community college setting
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
This is a grant funded position, and an employment offer is contingent upon funding approval.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Typical 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Occasional evening/weekend
Please submit resume and cover letter. This is a grant funded position.